• Navigation:
  • Homepage
  • >
  • Undergraduate Advising

Undergraduate Advising

The UConn Advising website provides everything you need to know about the advising process at UConn. The School of Engineering Advising site is also a valuable resource.

For questions specifically on Environmental Engineering, see our ENVE Guide to Course Selection – Fall 2019.

The curriculum sheets for the current and previous catalog years can be found in the following links

ENVE Curriculum 2017-2018

ENVE Curriculum 2016-2017

ENVE Curriculum 2015-2016


How do I register for classes?

  1. Complete the Pre-Advising Assignments that you can find in the ENVE Advising Tutorial for Fall2018. Instructions to prepare for your advising meeting and information on the curriculum are available.
  2. Make an appointment to see your advisor, two weeks or more prior to your registration time window, which you can see in your Student Center in Student Administration. Not everyone uses AdvApp, email works always.
  3. Meet with your advisor. Several things will happen in your meeting:
    1. You will discuss your schedule, for the upcoming semester and beyond, as well any other career plans you may have (study abroad, grad school etc.)
    2. You will review your preliminary Plan of Study (POS), if applicable.
  4. Your faculty advisor will fill out and sign a registration/bar removal form.
  5. Take the registration/bar removal form to the ENVE Main Office, located in Castleman, room 307. You bar will be lifted within the following 24 hours.
  6. Login to Student Administration during your enrollment appointment window and sign up for your courses.

What courses are offered both semesters?

CE 2110

CE 2251

CE 2211

ENVE 2310

ENVE 3120

What If I decide I want to take a different course after seeing my advisor?

Contact your advisor before signing up for a different course schedule than what you agreed upon in your advising session. Making a change in your schedule without talking to your advisor could result in missing a critical graduation requirement and postponing your graduation by a semester or even a year.

What are Preliminary and Final Plans of Study and how do I submit them?

A preliminary POS is filed after a student has reached junior credit standing (54 credits or more) and outlines the student’s coursework plan until graduation. Submitting an approved preliminary plan of study is required in the School of Engineering.

A final POS is filed after you have registered for your final semester of coursework. The final POS must demonstrate that the student meets all requirements to graduate. The final POS is a UConn graduation requirement.

All you need to know about the POS may be found here.

How do I declare a Minor in Environmental Engineering?

You may do so online in the available portal [ http://www.declare.clas.uconn.edu/  ]

Where can I download forms?

The website of the Registrar contains all necessary forms here [ http://registrar.uconn.edu/forms/  ]

Who do I need to see to get signatures?

If a form asks for the signature of … … you should see:
… the Dean the Associate Dean for undergraduate education or the Director of Advising, SoE
… the Department Head the Program Director of ENVE
… your advisor your advisor, listed in Student Administration


Who are these people?

Title Name, Office, Phone, Email
Associate Dean, SoE, Undergraduate Programs Daniel Burkey, EII 304A, 860-486-2167


Director of Advising, SoE Whitney Losapio, EII 304, 860-486-5466


Program Director, ENVE Prof. Timothy Vadas, CAST 308, 860-486-5552


Professional Advisor, CEE Althea Lozefski, ITE 460,


Your faculty advisor You can find out who your advisor is by looking at your Student Center in Student Administration.


Where can I learn about transfer credits and course substitutions?

Read the Guide for Course Selection.

Where can I find out about Study Abroad programs in Environmental Engineering?

All Study Abroad programs are administered centrally through the Study Abroad Office http://abroad.uconn.edu/ and not through individual departments.